Using an inclusive approach the Mini Movers Dance Sessions are created to encourage the children to explore their imagination and use their bodies through play and movement. Props, music and singing are used to promote a creative environment where the children can have fun and the sessions are made accessible to all.
Katie Aynsley, who runs the sessions, has four years’ experience of working with children, young people and adults with disabilities. She has worked towards becoming a freelance dance teacher where she has volunteered, assisted and taught various dance sessions within the community. She now works with local dance organisations Mesh Dance and Phoenix Dance theatre who provide dance within the community for children and young people with additional needs.
Mini Movers is a free session you can access via the Zoom app. If you would like to join the online session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance and please let us know the names of who will be attending.
- Download the app – Click here – Zoom
- Create an account
- Log in via the device you would like to use for the session (laptops are more compatible than mobiles and iPads)
How to join the sessions via Zoom
- Once you have emailed email@example.com to confirm your attendance you will receive an invitation to the event via Google Calendar
- At the time of the event click the link in the location section of the Google Calendar event
- This will open Zoom on the device you are using, and you and your family will automatically join the online session