Our Christmas Family Day on Sunday 4 December will be made up of a series of online sessions for children and young people and their families who are living with a visible difference. As well as tips and techniques on how to feel more confident, there will be guest speakers talking about their experiences of looking “different” and a family-friendly online magician session with DNA Kids.
Read on for more details about the day and to find out how to register your interest.
- Date: Sunday 4 Dec 2021
- Time: 10.30 – 2.30pm
- Location: Zoom
- Who is it aimed at? Children, young people and their parents/carers
Our Family Day is an invaluable online event for children and young people living with a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different and is open to all the family! There will be mini sessions looking at building confidence, advice on how to handle awkward social situations and staring, as well as the opportunity to listen to guest speakers and enjoy the fantastic magic session from DNA Kids.
You can dip in and out of sessions throughout the day. Here are some of the sessions on offer:
- How do I describe my visible difference?
- How to cope with staring and tricky social situations
- How to deal with bullying and teasing
- The secret recipe of a good friendship
- Navigating social media for teenagers
- A fun magician session with DNA Kids
- Pre-schoolers and babies’ advice session for parents
- Relaxation and mindfulness session
There will also be a chance to listen to some of our fantastic Changing Faces’ young champions talking about their experiences of living with a visible difference.
To make sure everyone feels comfortable, we will be capping attendance at 20 families.
To find out more please complete the enquiry form below and we will be in touch.
Participants will need to take part in a short 10-minute mini-assessment on Zoom with a practitioner before the workshop.