A weekend Family Fun Day out and about on a monthly basis for all the family (and our special children that have started school!) that cannot make the weekly session and because we recognise that the whole family is involved. Our goal is also to show that there are no limits to having fun!
Not all Parents/Carers feel comfortable in group situations. Having a disabled child can be a real roller coaster of emotions and finding the strength to take that first step towards accepting the reality can be very daunting. For those Parents/Carers who don’t yet feel ready, we are happy to meet them for a relaxed and friendly chat over coffee with our Outreach Service because sometimes making that first contact can be a big step forward!
Little Hiccups produce two different types of Compassion Packs – an Emergency Hospital Pack and a Bereavement Pack aimed at letting the family know that they are not alone.
Finding out that your child has an additional need or disability can be overwhelming. Little Hiccups is here to support and guide you through all the information and to signpost you to other services. This includes links to Third Party Charities and Companies including-
- Max Cards – providing discounts for fostered and disabled children
- The Principle Trust Holidays – Based in Skipton, North Yorkshire The Principle Trust Children’s Charity aim is to help improve the quality of life of children from across Yorkshire who are underprivileged, disadvantaged, or disabled through the provision of free holidays and respite breaks.
- Ison Harrison Solicitors – making sure your loved ones are looked after in the event of the worst happening.
- West Yorkshire CANN – links to other West Yorkshire Charities that provide support and services for children with additional needs.
- Other Information – This page will hopefully provide further information about different areas, Charities, services or funding that could support you in your journey.