In this exclusive two-hour session, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the provision available to children with additional educational needs.
The first session will focus on what education, health and care plans (EHCPs) are and how to get them. You’ll find out about the assessment process, with examples of what good looks like to enable you to get the most out of having one.
In the second session, you’ll hear about mainstream education, and how to support your child to access additional help in that setting.
The half-day event concludes with a talk on challenging EHCP decisions through tribunal appeals. Drawing on their experience supporting families through appeals, our experts will discuss:
- The main points one can appeal
- The process of doing.
At the end of the talks, you’ll be able to ask questions directly to our panel of speakers. You can send us your questions in advance when you register for the session. We’ll do our best to allow time for additional questions on the day.
The speakers who will be joining the webinar are:
- Rachael Smurthwaite, Solicitor, Public Law, Irwin Mitchell
- Judith James, Independent Special Education Advisor, Education & Case Management Services Ltd
- Frances Henderson, Independent Special Education Advisor, Education & Case Management Services Ltd
- Jo Van Berckel,
- Rachelle Mahapatra, Partner, Medical Negligence, Irwin Mitchell.
- We look forward to you joining us.
For events queries contact Amy Randall or Becky Wesley:
Book online here: https://events.irwinmitchell.com/supportingyourchildseducation