We are pleased to be hosting a Transition to Secondary School Workshop with the Special Educational Needs & Disability Statutory Assessment and Planning Team (SENSAP).
This will be held on Tuesday 18th July, 7pm at 21 Co. in Headingley (a Google meet link can be provided for anyone who wants to join online).
The session will cover:
- The different types of school setting that might be options for Year 7 and onwards
- What to consider when you are thinking about secondary school for your young person
- Looking around potential schools
- The process and timescales for requesting a place for secondary school
- The current list of specialist, resourced and partnership schools
- What to do if your young person doesn’t have an Education, Health & Care Plan and you would like to consider schools other than mainstream.