We are a registered charity, funded primarily through grants and contracts by Leeds City Council Targeted Short Breaks; we operate holiday play schemes, activity days and residential short breaks for children and young people with disabilities between the ages of 5 and 18 years.
We require an Assistant Project Manager who is computer literate and has experience working with children and young people with disabilities, term-time this will be office-based working from home. During provision it will be working at various venues mainly in Leeds.
Hours of Work: 8 hours per week term-time, flexible to meet the needs of ASAS and the candidate.
School holidays plus 6 weekends per year – additional hours as required.
Hourly Rate: £14/hour
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Project Manager with administrative tasks and the daily running of the charity.
- Have experience of managing a team of staff or have held a supervisory position.
- Have extensive experience of working with children and young people with a wide range of disabilities.
- Ideally have a qualification in Play work or Childcare.
- Be organised, accurate and computer literate with experience using Microsoft products e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, OneDrive/SharePoint and Teams.
- Be able to lead sessions and supervise a team of staff and volunteers.
- Be able to deliver training and planning meetings as required.
- Have experience in Safeguarding children.
In return we offer:
- A very rewarding job – enhancing the lives of the children and young people with disabilities
who attend our activities.
- A friendly and supportive working environment with regular supervision
- A responsible position in which you assist with planning activities, mentor, motivate and encourage the team and, in the absence of the Project Manager, take charge of the activities.
- The opportunity to advance your career within the field of disability.
- Regular training opportunities.
Visit our website www.aireborough-scheme.co.uk for more information about ASAS.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact: –
Jo Galasso, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – 4th February 2022. INTERVIEWS – Date to be confirmed.