We are a registered charity, funded primarily through grants and contracts by Leeds City Council Targeted Short Breaks; we operate holiday play schemes, activity days and residential short breaks for children and young people with disabilities between the ages of 5 and 18 years.
We require a Waking Night Support Worker who has experience working with children and young people with disabilities, to work 6 weekends per year at our residential short breaks, working at various venues mainly in Leeds.
Hours of Work: 6 weekends per year – Friday and Saturday nights from 8.30pm – 8.30am, dates change each year to meet the needs of ASAS and venue availability.
5 residentials as at Leeds based venues, the worker may choose to stay on site or go home to sleep;
1 residential is held in North Yorkshire, the worker will travel to and from the venue by coach or in their own vehicle, and will be required to stay onsite to sleep.
Hourly Rate: £12/hour
The successful candidate will:
- Have extensive experience of working with children and young people with a wide range of disabilities.
- Do able to work during the night and sleep during the day.
- Assist other staff during the night if children are awake or unable to sleep, duties my include feeding, providing personal care and managing behaviours.
- Other duties my include light household tasks – cleaning up after accidents, changing beds, helping with supper & breakfast, laying tables for breakfast, washing up, preparing food e.g. making hot chocolate, buttering bread, grating cheese.
- Have an understanding of Safeguarding children, training will be offered.
In return we offer:
- A very rewarding job – enhancing the lives of the children and young people with disabilities who attend our activities.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- A responsible position.
- Regular training provided.
Visit our website www.aireborough-scheme.co.uk for more information about ASAS.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact: –
Jo Galasso, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – 4th February 2022. INTERVIEWS – Date to be confirmed.