SNAPS is on the lookout for more football coaches to join our fantastic team!
Do you have a passion for coaching football? Enjoy working with children? Want to make a difference working with a charity for children with additional needs? Then this is the role for you!
SNAPS is looking forward to opening its football sessions again in September and we have a long list of children who can’t wait to come and play, so we need more coaches to allow us to give this opportunity to children who don’t normally get the chance to play team sports.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join a small team of football coaches for 1.5hrs per Sunday in term time (9:45 – 11:15) to help set up, deliver and tidy up each football session. The sessions run each week 10-11am on Sunday mornings during term time only in South Leeds (currently Middleton Leisure Centre and the Hunslet Club). We work with children with a range of additional needs and their siblings and these sessions are all about having fun and taking part.
SNAPS is a supportive employer and may able to assist the successful candidates to access any relevant coaching qualifications.
For more information, please see the job description. To apply, complete an application form and return it to Jo Milburn by Saturday 31st July 2021 – firstname.lastname@example.org
All successful applicants will need to complete a DBS check and have references carried out
- Download Application Form (PDF)
- Download Application Form (Word)
- Download Job Description (PDF)
- Download Advert (PDF)
Skills and Experiences
SNAPS Football Coach – Job Description
SNAPS is a local charity based in Leeds that supports children with additional needs and their families. We provide specialist activities to aid their development and to offer an opportunity to meet other families.
Job Title: Football Coach
Reporting to: Sites Manager
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hours of Work: 9:45am – 11:15 am (1.5 hrs) every Sunday the Football club is open (normally term time dates).
Location: Middleton Leisure Centre, Ring Road, Leeds, LS10 4AX or the Hunslet Club
- Experience working in the voluntary sector and / or with children, in particular those with additional needs
- An interest in football coaching, experience in coaching is desired but not essential (coaching qualifications can be provided by SNAPS)
- Willing to learn and able to take responsibility of tasks and are comfortable running sessions in a team or by yourself
- To assist the Lead Football Coach in running the football sessions, ensuring that they run to time and are accessible for all participants
- To welcome new families to the Football club and ensure they are shown around the building/activities
- To be responsible, with other staff and volunteers, for managing activities at SNAPS Football Club
- To help develop informal activity plans for each child, supporting them to reach their objectives and monitoring their progress.
- To record and monitor information in line with Data Protection.
- To facilitate the introduction of families to each other.
- Ability to encourage families to join in with activities.
- To encourage play and interaction between parents and children and to develop friendship groups between families.
- To set up refreshments and make them available to families.
- To attend training courses relevant to role.
- To support additional activities as and when required.
- To adhere to SNAPS operational and employment policies and procedures, with specific reference to the Safeguarding Children, and Health and Safety policies.
- Any other duties as required by your Manager.
To apply please complete an application form and return it to: email@example.com by Saturday 31st July 2021