We are looking for enthusiastic, professional, caring and fun individuals to join our growing team. We need both experienced staff and committed volunteers at Broomfield SILC, LS10 3JP and Penny Field SILC LS6 4QD.
The staff and volunteers will need to be onsite between 9am and 2pm on the Saturdays we are open in term time. The Support Workers will work within the Rebound Room, Swimming/Hydrotherapy area, outside space and deliver activities within the Main Hall. Support Workers play a key role at SNAPS and are the faces that our families will get to know each week. Joining SNAPS as a Support Worker is a wonderful chance to help with children with additional needs and their families whilst having lots of fun! It is also a great opportunity for the right candidates to get valuable work experience within the physiotherapy or care fields. SNAPS is a supportive employer, and we aim to help our staff and volunteers reach their own personal and career goals. For more information see the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply complete an application form and send it to Jo Milburn – firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26th July 2021 and Interviews will take place on Thursday 5th August 2021.
- Download Job Advert (PDF)
- Download Job Description (PDF)
- Download Job Specification (PDF)
- Download Application Form (PDF)
- Download Application Form (Word)
Skills and Experiences
SNAPS’ Support Worker Person Specification
Job Title: Support Worker
Reporting to: Sites Manager
Hours of Work: 5 hours a week on Saturdays the project is open (project opening times plus set up and close down – usually in school term times)
Salary: £9.50 per hour
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, caring people who can welcome families to our sessions and support the professional delivery of services at SNAPS’ Penny Field and Broomfield site. The successful candidates will have:
· A friendly, approachable and professional demeanour
· An ability to make everyone feel welcome at SNAPS sessions
· An ability to support parents and answer their questions
· Sensitivity to the different situations SNAPS families might be facing
· Be available Saturdays (9am - 2pm) during term time to deliver SNAPS sessions
· The ability to support Rebound therapy (Broomfield and Penny Field), Hydrotherapy (Penny Field only) and Swimming lessons (Penny Field only)
· Great communication skills
· Be willing to get involved in a variety of activities with children and parents/carers
· A commitment to the work of SNAPS
· Experience of working with children with disabilities and their families
· Experience of inputting data
· Experience of delivering recreational and developmental activities for young children (particularly those with additional needs)
· Experience of managing confidential data
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
To apply please complete an application form and return it to Jo Milburn at email@example.com by Monday 26th July 2021 and Interviews will take place on Thursday 5th August 2021.